Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 24. The Women of Ivy Manor Series by Lyn Cote


For some reason, historical fiction rarely interests me.  I’m just not a history buff, I guess.  As a writer, it baffles me that people write about people long ago.  I feel sorry for them when I think about how much research they must have to do, even though they probably love it.  But I did enjoy the Women of Ivy Manor series by Lyn Cote.

The four books follow four generations of women, starting with Chloe in the early twentieth century.  Each story shows how the women were affected by the wars and social issues of their day, and dives deep into the relationships between each mother and daughter.

If you like historical fiction, you’ll like these.  If you don’t, you’d actually probably like these just the same.  They are neither dry nor bogged down with tedious facts, and the history is woven seamlessly into the story.  They’ve earned my stamp of approval, anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment